He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - HST

I get it.... I'm Kenny. - HB

Friday, July 30, 2004

Old hBlog - Unemployment

Unemployment and our Government

Often, when discussing my seemingly endless job search I hear the comment: "Well unemployment figures are down so there must be work out there..."

A piece of little known information is the government generates it's unemployment figures by assessing how many individuals are on the unemployment rolls. These are the folks who have NOT yet exhausted their unemployment benefits, so once you've run through your benefits, you are no longer counted among the unemployed....

Interesting, after my last benefit check, I didn't magically become employed, I just became , I guess, officially a Deadbeat.

So next time your favorite politician talks about how the unemplyment figures are down, remember all your friends out their who are still looking for work, but don't even seem to have realized they aren't unemployed anymore !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Apr 03, 07:07:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home