He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - HST

I get it.... I'm Kenny. - HB

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Ending, Beginning, Ending ....

Well I'm back, sorry been away for so long. For a number of you this is no surprise, but just to get everyone on the same page, a bit of catchup...

I just got back from going back to Newburyport, more or less with the single purpose of getting divorced. To sum it up quickly and painlessly for those involved, it wasn't fun, but it wasn't as bad as it could be. We have parted amicably, and now here I am home, that's right, Home is Boulder for me, and it's finally starting to hit.

I felt it when I hit the runway here. I suddenly felt like I was where I was supposed to be. It is odd to me, with so many places I could call home, that this one has set root so quickly, but then I probably needed it.

But I'm not so daft as to think it has had no effect on me, I'm definitely not on my stride, and I find myself staring off into space, and it's weird for me, and I don't like it. So I curl up in my cave and play with the cat and wait for life to bring me responsible tasks. So far grocery shopping and working rock ! (OK they don't really Rock! but it's a level better than cleaning out the cat box.)

But do not worry, I'm crawling out of it, I haven't fallen into old bad habits, and even I seem to believe that all is for the best, and soon, I'll be back up to my neck in work issues that will keep me eating, not-sleeping and going back to work again.

I know it sounds positively horrid, but I think it's what I need. Some time to equalize, to get accustomed to being truly alone. Then perhaps a chance to feel like I have my shite together, and continue on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad you couldn't stick with it, buddy. I count myselfas one of thelucky ones.

Sat Mar 19, 01:37:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home