He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - HST

I get it.... I'm Kenny. - HB

Friday, April 29, 2005

Where's yer Towel ? HHG

Ok,

I just got back from seeing Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy, no spoilers here.

But... Watch for the.... oh never mind....

If you read any of the pre-hype an whining, just go see tha damn thing Ok?

It's actually pretty Great.

For those who don't want to read my thoughts, they nailed what they had to, kept the plebes in their seats, and overall, made a decent motion picture of something that has been tried 4 times already.

For those who care, well, look for the cameos, and I don't mean stupid famous people, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Mos Def has definitely made a mark for himself as a decent actor, but then you all know I still think Ice Cube and Iggy Pop rock because of Tank Girl, so what the hell do I know ?

We could lose John Malkovich forever (sorry film students, he just never mattered.) and and I wouldn't care, but very few know where his character comes from anyway.

I'm going to write a piece here 0n the movie, but I want to wait, and not spoil bits for folks who know this is probably more important a film than Star Wars.

And, for those of you too busy, didn't read the book, or just well, too stupid, to go have some fun, well, you get what you deserve, the Vogon constructor fleet was meant for you anyway, here's your paper bag.

Cheers, have fun, we're still shoveling out..

H

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was fun, although the pissers have a few legit points. Converting neural input from visual cues derived from black symbols to visual cues from electromagnetic radiation and auditory stimuli coupled with the masturbatory olfaction dervied from popcorn, well, you're always gonna miss sumpin.

Dickie

Thu May 19, 12:48:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home