He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - HST

I get it.... I'm Kenny. - HB

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Welcome to hBlog 2.0 beta invitees

Well I've been having trouble getting MovableType (my Blogger of choice) to run on my new bargain basement Hosting service, so I've gone ahead with another tool for now. For the (very) few of you that are able to read this, please feel free to poke about and let me now what you think.

I want to try and bring in the original posts, but I'm not sure Blogger can handle that, so it's back to the books for me.

But in this case, I can at least host the content myself. Which was the biggest problem with Userland Radio, which I started with. Radio is very cool, and for a low purchase price, they also host your site, but I found the server to be a little slow.

MovableType is my preference, but the host I am using, which is only $25.00 a year, is a little shaky on giving access by telnet or SSH to low end accounts like me. So I'm sure there's a way to get it to work, but for now this works great.

and THIS is Blogger, run out of www.blogger.com !

I found Blogger completely by mistake, and it is the coolest, quickest and simplest tool to set up a blog I have ever seen. If you want to blog, pay a visit to www.blogger.com it's easier than setting up a Yahoo account, and partially owned by the new internet "golden child" : Google.

Nuff said,

Cheers,

Harry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home