He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. - HST

I get it.... I'm Kenny. - HB

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Life the Universe and Everything again

Ok,

So today I managed to run into a Pro snowboarder who we used to hang with at the US Open back "in the day" at US Opens and such. I'm not naming names, because I'm not sure he's be comfortable with that.

I asked a question about one of my favorite pro dnowboarders, Craig Kelly, and found out some very depresssing news. Turns out a while back he was killed in an avalanche.

http://www.transworldsnowboarding.com/snow/news/article/0,13009,409901,00.html

This is very late, but Craig was one of the biggest influences in my snowboarding life, and also one of the nicest guys I ever met. I feel like hell that I didn't know he died, and I feel worse that I wasn't paying attention.

Craig was an idividualwho defined the idea of freeriding, and he changed my whole idea of riding for fun, and I wish I had known earlier. Just goes to show how life and death play with the balance in the world.

Craig Kelly was 36 years old and is survived by his daughter, Olivia and partner, Savina. Donations in memory of Craig Kelly can be sent to the Canadian Avalanche Association, P.O. Box 2759, Revelstoke, B.C., Canada, V0E 2S0 or via the web at http://www.avalanche.ca in the sales and products section.

Personally, I thought Craig knew more about having a good time on a mountain than worrying about being sponsered, and I hope his legend lives on.

I'm getting really sick of losing my heroes, and again, I'm embarrassed to not have know when it happened.

Harry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home